Monday, January 11, 2016
Sunday, January 3, 2016
My goals for 2016 are:
1. To make and finish 30 quilty things including:
- 12 bed sized or large lap quilts (> 50x60")
- finishing the quilts left over from 2015
- one made with paper piecing
- make a combo of beautiful utility quilts and art quilts
2. To increase my blogs professional appearance with
- better quality photographs
- better design of photographs
- blog more than once a month
- better narrative
3. To be more involved with the quilting community
- to go to another quilt retreat or two
- to build healthy relationships in the quilting world
Comparison of 2015 goals to actual progress:
Last year I committed to making 12 bed/lap quilts practicing different techniques. Counting children's quilts I met the first part of that goal.
While I met that goal I really wanted to explore more techniques than I did and finish more bed quilts. At the end of the year I had four ready to quilt but took advantage of spending time with family instead of rushing to finish. I have 6 or 7 more in various stages of piecing. That being said I wanted to produce 25 quilty pieces and finished 23... Not bad!
Included in that number and shown above is a little (36") cat wall hanging. The background is a feeble attempt at a Ricky Tim conversion quilt using two pieces of my hand dyed fabric. I also stole the cat shape idea from Hilary Florence's "nine lives". Love the final piece..whimsical and fun. I used the same fabric to make the table runner below.
Along with quilting for myself I continued to do some quilting for charities and others (not all shown) and hand dying.
For some reason I seem to have given away finished quilts before taking pictures of them bound... So, I guess that's a great first goal for 2016. Remember to take better pictures (with a better camera) and set up to showcase the quilt :-) .
Stay tuned for 2016 goals