Friday, February 13, 2015

Bob's quilt - first 2015 finish

Finally I get to show you this little quilt I have been working on. Because it's a gift for a long time friend I didn't want to give the secret away.  

I don't usually use other peoples patterns but I fell in love with this one. It's called division and was designed by Andy Knowlton of A Bright Corner.  I love the subtle colours and the great pattern. It measures about 53x63.  If I was to do it again (which I might) I would add another row and column making the a much better throw size of 64x74 inches. It has two layers of Dream Poly and a steel grey Minky back. I used white and silver So-Fine thread throughout. 

I stitched in the ditch around the pattern pieces and then chose to heavily quilt it adding a layer of design behind the pattern, and of course, lots of feathers. I tried to give it a whimsical feel. 

All in all I am very pleased with it, just wish my camera was working.  It was iPad all the way. Anyway tomorrow it goes to its forever home. Hope you like it Bob!  Thanks for being such a good friend over the past 20 years. 








No comments:

Post a Comment